Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York

Transfer application Deadlines / Notification Dates
Fall Semester Admission
Rolling Admission after March 1st--Deadline June 1st

Spring Semester Admission
Rolling Admission after October 1st--Deadline December 1st

NOTE: The review of transfer applicants will commence in late September (for spring admission) or late March (for fall admission). Offers of admission will be made on a rolling basis once the review of applicants has commenced.

Transfer application requirements
Common Application 
Non-refundable $70 application fee
High School Transcript (including last semester grades and date of graduation)
Official College Transcripts (from every college/university attended)
Standardized Test Scores (SAT or ACT with writing)*
        (*Note: Not required if you have completed more than 1 year of full-time college             
          coursework or approximately 30 credit hours)
Personal Statement
Letter of Good Standing from Dean or University Registrar
Faculty Letter of Recommendation*
        (*Note: Although recommendations from faculty are not required, it is helpful to send a letter  
          to support your application)

NOTE: Applicants will receive notification regarding their status via email. Please be sure to list a working personal email address in your application.

transfer Housing

Students can request housing as part of the application. A limited number of housing spaces are available for transfer students at each campus and priority goes to students who enroll first. Students applying as transfer students should begin exploring alternative housing options PRIOR to an offer of admission.

transfer Financial Aid

There is limited need-based financial aid available for transfer students. In order to qualify for financial assistance, applicants must submit all necessary forms on time. Applications for Financial Aid received after the posted deadline will be considered for aid after those filed by the deadline.

  • State Aid Application:
    New York State Residents must file a New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Application. The student will receive an award certificate from NYSHESC.Fordham University must be listed on the award certificate. If Fordham University is not listed on the certificate, a TAP Change Form must be completed.

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request