Freshmen are first year university students.
Fall Semester Admission
Early Action: Deadline - November 1st // Notification Date - December 25
Regular Decision: Deadline - January 1 // Notification Date - April 1
Spring Semester Admission
Regular Decision: Deadline - December 1 // Notification Date - Rolling after December 1
Fordham University Common Application with essay and $70.00 application fee
School guidance counselor recommendation or a secondary school teacher recommendation
Transcripts, mark sheets, or certificates from all secondary schools or high schools attended
A transcript is a list of courses taken and grades received. All transcripts should be original documents submitted directly
from your school to Fordham University's Office of Undergraduate Admission or copies certified by the school or an
EducationUSA center. If the transcript is in a foreign language, please provide an English language translation of the
document with your application. If applicable, please also provide any national testing results, for example, GCSE, CXC,
ICSE results or projected results for IB, A levels, etc.
SAT or ACT results
Non-native English speakers should submit results from TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A or CAE exams
· All international students are expected to submit SAT or ACT (with writing) results regardless of educational background or native language.
· All native English speakers are required to submit SAT or ACT (with writing) results.
· All United States citizens and eligible noncitizens (permanent residents, asylees and refugees), are required to submit SAT or ACT (with writing) results to ensure comparable financial aid consideration.
· SAT or ACT (with writing) exams completed after January will not be considered for Fall admission.
· The institutional SAT code for Fordham University is 2259 and ACT code is 2748.
· To be considered for Fordham University's merit scholarships, applicants must submit SAT or ACT (with writing) results.
Expected minimum scores:
90+ iBT TOEFL (Fordham code is 2259)
575+ PBT TOEFL
62+ PTE-A (Pearson Test of English - Academic)
67+ CAE (Cambridge English Advanced)
As an alternative to submitting these test results, local applicants can also choose to take the Fordham University
ESL placement evaluation at the Institute of American Language and Culture (IALC) at our Lincoln Center campus.
Please email email@example.com or call +1-212-636-6353 to arrange this. Results will then be forwarded to the undergraduate admission office upon request.
Applicants from China have the opportunity to enhance their applications by participating in an in-person evaluative
interview available through CIEE. Please register here:
Financial affidavit (AFCOE), and supporting financial statement(s) and the data/photo page of your current passport.
It is important to note that there are special application procedures for students interested in majoring in dance or theatre.