Fordham University            The Jesuit University of New York

The Visa Process
Fordham University can assist admitted students in applying for an F-1 student visa at a United States Consulate outside of the United States of America. 

Students must have an acceptance letter from Fordham University and a Fordham I-20 document to apply for a student visa.

Students must provide a complete Financial Affidavit of Support Form (AFCOE), a supporting bank statement showing proof of funding for at least one full year of study at Fordham University and a copy of the information page of their passport in order to be issued a Fordham I-20 document.

Students in the United States currently in F-1 visa status also need to submit a Transfer Form completed by your current designated school official (DSO) in order to transfer your SEVIS record to Fordham University. Only then can Fordham University issue an I-20 document to you. 

International Students are strongly encouraged to submit their complete Financial Affidavit of Support Form (AFCOE) form, supporting bank statement and passport copy with their application materials.

Students in the United States in a different (non-student) visa status, may be able to maintain their current status while pursuing full-time study at Fordham or may be able to obtain an F-1 student visa. Students may contact undergraduate International Admission at Fordham at with specific questions.

Site  | Directories
Submit Search Request