Alumni Softball FAQ
- There are two Fordham softball seasons: Spring (mostly weeknights) and Summer (Sundays)
- Team rosters are 18 people (11 men and seven women).
- Each team has 10 players on the field at all times: seven men and three women (with one extra male hitter).
- All teams play in the casual league.
- Seven-inning games.
- Modified arc (six-12 feet) pitching.
- For a full set of rules, please click here.
Cost per player is $115 payable through ezdonor. ZogSports donates a percentage of the profit to charity.
The fee includes:
- Eight regular season games
- 50 percent of the teams will make the single elimination playoff tournament
- Field fees
- Professional umpires
- Teams can request to purchase shirts through ZogSports or provide their own shirts/uniforms with numbers
- "Prize Money" from ZogSports' sponsors donated to the winning team's charity.
- League administration
- Organized happy hours at local bars after the games
- For Fordham teams, there is a preseason exhibition game at Rose Hill's Jack Coffey Field and postgame event in
Dagger John's Restaurant.
Equipment is not included. Each team must supply a set of bases, one new softball per game, a catcher's mask
and bats. ZogSports will arrange for the purchase of the required equipment for each team upon request.
- The season begins on March 27. View the schedule.
- Games will be on weekday and Sunday evenings. Games will start between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Because some of
the fields are not lit, teams should expect to have a handful of their games start between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- All players will receive a schedule once it is released.
All games will be played in the following locations:
- Colonel Charles Young (145th and Lenox Avenue): 0-1 game
- Central Park North Meadow and Great Lawn: 0-1 game
- DeWitt Clinton Park (54th Street and 11th Avenue): 1-2 games
- Frederick Douglass (101st Street and Amsterdam): 0-1 game
- Harlem River Park (128th Street and 3rd Avenue): 0-1 game
- Murry Bergtraum: 0-1 game
- Randall's Island Fields 12-48: 1 game
- Riverbank State Park (138th and Riverside Drive): 0-1 games
- Riverside Drive Fields 6 and 7 (107th Street and Riverside Drive): 0-1 games
- Roosevelt Island (Pony and Firefighters): 0-1 game
Please note that game times, locations, and dates mentioned above may change.