Dear Marymount Alumnae,
Welcome to fall and the beginning of an exciting new year for the Marymount Alumnae Association of Fordham University!
We had a wonderful reunion at Rose Hill during Jubilee weekend in early June. It was a weekend filled with seeing old friends and making new ones as we celebrated three exceptional women and honored Maria Healy, MC '78, with the Golden Dome Award; Katheryn (Kate) Gilmartin Duggan, MC '63, with the Gloria Gaines Memorial Award; and Eugenie Fleri Doyle, M.D., MC '43, with the Alumna of Achievement Award. Joseph M. McShane, S.J., president of Fordham, presented Sister Brigid Driscoll, R.S.H.M.,
with a beautiful Tiffany vase as a thank you for all that she has done for Marymount and the board presented her with a citation making her an honorary member of the Class of 1963!
We have a busy fall with many opportunities to reunite and meet new people.
- Marymount young alumnae: Join other young alumni of Fordham University on October 24 at P.J. Clarke's (44 W.63rd St.), for Faith on Tap, an engaging conversation on topics relevant to the Catholic faith led by Jeannine Hill Fletcher, Ph.D., associate professor of theology at Fordham. Register online.
- Join us for Homecoming on September 21, at Fordham's Rose Hill campus. It's a fun day for the whole family, and free to all Marymount graduates. Enjoy a midday barbecue under the tent, join in a 5K run, and root on the Rams against Columbia on the football field. More information.
- A new Marymount alumnae directory is in the works! Harris Publishing will be mailing yellow postcards in the coming months. Please call in and update your contact information for the new directory (last published in 2007) when you receive the postcard. Hardback books and DVDs will be available.
- Going to Paris? The joint 90th celebration of Marymount’s Junior Year Abroad Program and Marymount International School Paris is on October 12. RSVP by e-mail to: Patti Sigman at Marymount Paris at email@example.com. All Tarrytown graduates are welcome. There will be a Saturday afternoon Mass at Notre Dame Cathedral with a cocktail reception afterward.
- November 1: Save the date for a special reception, celebrating Sister Roz. The Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary joyfully announce the election of Sister Rosamond (Roz) Blanchet, MC '62, as general superior for a six-year term. Sister Roz is from the Eastern American Province and will begin her new ministry in Rome, Italy, on November 21. Please join us on November 1 in Butler Commons for an evening of cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, hosted by Father McShane and the Marymount Alumnae Association. More information.
- December 8 is Marymount Founder's Day and a celebration of the R.S.H.M. We will hear about the work going on in three distinct RSHM programs. The second annual Mother Butler Leadership Award will be presented to Sister Ann Marino and the Cormaria Retreat House of Sag Harbor, N.Y. As is tradition, please bring children's clothing and toys for the RSHM Life Center, and later that afternoon, join us in the University Church and hear the Fordham Choir sing traditional Christmas carols at the Festival of Lessons and Carols. What a perfect way to begin the Christmas season! Register online.
- Become more involved with Marymount and Fordham alumni activities.
- Join Marymount graduates in major cities around the country.
We are looking for volunteers and would love to hear from you. Join your class committee or be a part of your reunion planning team. The Marymount board is here for you!
Jane Bartnett, MC '76
Marymount Board President