Court (1845, 1940)
Court Residential College a tightly-knit
community of 150 students, was established
to assist in the integration of first year
students into the University and New York
City communities. Its inception in 1987
came in response to a felt need for a first
year residence that would embody the best
qualities of a Jesuit education: a devotion
to learning, a respect for tradition, and
a commitment to community living.
The three buildings that form Queen's Court
- St. John's Hall, St. Robert's Hall, and
Bishop's Hall - are steeped in the history
and traditions of the University. St. John's
Hall was built in 1844 as the seminary of
the Archdiocese of New York. Later, in 1860,
the building was joined with the other early
campus buildings as part of St. John's College.
The name Fordham University was adopted
by the institution in 1907. Bishop's Hall
and St. Robert's Hall were built in 1940.
All three halls are co-ed, with wings being
all male or all female with community bathrooms.
Each room in Bishop's Hall has its own bathroom.
of Residential Life