Fordham University ID Card General Information
In July 2013, Fordham University will begin issuing new ID cards to students, faculty and staff. For complete details on the new cards and procedures for their use, please see New ID Card | Frequently Asked Questions on the Safety and Security Web page.
Fordham ID cards function as your official University identification. They are issued annually, based on information provided by Enrollment Services and Human Resources.
All ID cards are pre-printed and await distribution in September. The ID cards are hand delivered to the various graduate and undergraduate schools who distribute during their respective orientations. Resident Students receive their IDs from Residential Life.
Faculty, Administrative and other non-student IDs are pre-printed for later distribution and are based on current Human Resources records.
Walk-up traffic is accommodated daily or on an as needed basis on all three campuses.
The process of creating and distributing additional IDs is repeated for incoming spring semester students in January. New employees receive specific instructions on how to obtain their cards from Human Resources during the hiring process.
Your Fordham ID card is more than just an identification card, it’s an essential part of campus life at Fordham University. You will want to keep it with you at all times. Guard your card as you would any important document. Do not lend your card to anyone for any reason.
Students at Fordham University receive their official University ID card when they arrive on campus. The cards are prepared in advance of your expected arrival. Newly admitted students must upload a photo in the New Student or Student tab in the University portal, my.fordham.edu. Students must have registered for their courses and be cleared to attend classes by the University in order to receive their ID card. Generally, only your school or the Registrar’s Office will be able to update your records to a cleared status.
ID cards are issued by the University Card Centers located at the Rose Hill, Lincoln Center and Westchester campuses. The Centers issue new student ID cards at the beginning of every semester. In addition they replace Fordham University Identification cards throughout the year.
Important functions of your ID card include:
· Identification: With your picture on the front and your account information magnetically encoded on the back, your ID card functions as your official University identification card, instantly identifying you as a fully privileged member of the University community and should be carried with you at all times.
· Library Privileges: Using University Libraries is a big part of your life as a Fordham student. With your ID card you can access Walsh Library at the Rose Hill campus, Quinn and Law Libraries located at the Lincoln Center campus as well as the Westchester Campus Library. The card is also used to set up an on campus printing account at the libraries and other campus locations. For more information Click here: Library Information
· Access to Meal Plans: Your ID card identifies you and provides access to the meal plan and DCB accounts in the university cafeterias.
· Building Access: Your ID card allows you to access residence halls, specified computer laboratories, and other areas on campus.
· Lombardi Memorial Center Privileges: You can use your Fordham University ID card to gain access to Lombardi Memorial Center. For additional privileges inquire in the Director’s office or call (718) 817-4260.
· Special Discounts: Your ID card also makes you eligible for student discounts at various museums, movie theatres, on-and-off Broadway theatres, and other cultural attractions in New York City. Some neighborhood businesses offer discounts if you show you’re Fordham University ID Card when making a purchase. For details contact the Office of Student Leadership and Community Development on your respective campus.
Lost or Stolen ID Cards
Should your card be lost or stolen, please go immediately to my.fordham.edu to deactivate it using Report a Lost/Stolen ID located in the Photo ID Services channel on both the Student and Employee tab. University records will be updated and security notified in ‘real time’ once you have completed the transaction. Please keep a record of the date and time you entered the transaction and the transaction confirmation number.
If you are unable to access the University portal you can report the lost or stolen card to Fordham University Security at (718) 817-2222. In either case immediately report your card lost or stolen, do not wait -- avoid risk to yourself and other students.
Replacement cards are available from an ID Card Center located at the Rose Hill, Lincoln Center or Fordham Westchester campus during regular business hours. There is an initial $20.00 fee for replacing a lost or stolen ID Card. There is a $30.00 fee for every subsequent occurrence or request. The fee may be waived for replacing a broken or damaged ID card but the defective card must be turned in to a staff member at the time of request. The ID Card Centers do not accept payment directly, you simply fill out a form and you will be billed later.
|Identification Card Services Locations
|Rose Hill Campus
441East Fordham Road
Faculty Memorial Hall, Room 129
Bronx, New York 10458
|Lincoln Center Campus
113 West 60th Street
Lowenstein, Room 128A
New York, New York 10023
|Fordham Westchester Campus
Ground Level, Room G-13