The Purchasing Process
The Purchasing Process is as follows:
- Purchase Order Requisitions are received in Faculty Memorial Hall.
- Purchase Requisitions are date stamped and given to Director of Procurement.
- Director reviews requisition and distributes to appropriate buyer, by category for requisition processing and approval.
- The Requisition is reviewed for accuracy and the goods and services are ordered.
- The user department is informed of specifics.
- A Purchase Order number is assigned to the Requisition and is recorded in the internal Purchasing System.
- The funds are encumbered in the University's financial system.
- The purchase orders are processed and copies are distributed to respective parties, i.e.. user department, Accounts Payable and the vendor.
- The goods and services are received and the vendor forwards invoice to Accounts Payable Department or the respective department.
- Accounts Payable Department matches invoice to respective Purchase Order and payment is issued.
Click here to view the Online Purchase Requisition Form.
Fill it out and fax it in!
The timely procurement of goods and services is driven by the type of product or service requested, accuracy of the specifications provided by the client, and the availability of the product or service. Once a product is successfully located, and/or a service secured, and approved by the client, the processing of the Purchase Order is timely, approximately 48 hours from the date received if departmental funds are available.