Fordham University Health Insurance
Open Enrollment for 2015 Benefits
Open enrollment for faculty and administrators begins October 15 and ends November 7, 2014.
Open enrollment for clerical employees of Local 153 begins November 10 and ends November 21, 2014.
For complete descriptions of your benefit options as well as an explanation of how to make your 2015 choices during open enrollment, please see the appropriate 2015 Benefits Enrollment Guide:
About the Options
The new program meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) while continuing to offer faculty, administrators, and staff a choice of competitive, affordable health, dental, and vision benefits. It reflects much research and input from the Faculty Senate, the Administrators Conference, the Senate’s Salary and Benefits Committee, and a special ad hoc Committee on Health Insurance.
The changes offer coverage that is the same or better than our current program. Please choose Faculty and Administrators or Clerical Employees of Local 153 to learn more.
In addition, the University will provide additional, enhanced benefits to further help you and your family obtain or stay in good health. You do not need to enroll for these automatic programs. They include:
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to assist you with a range of issues that may require counseling.
- Health Advocate — a health care advocacy and system navigation assistance service.
- An array of decision tools to help you make the best choice for your family.
- A critical illness benefit that offers financial protection if you become seriously ill or injured.
- Identity theft protection to help you manage the logistics and restore your credit if you are a victim of identity theft.
- 24-hour travel assistance to help you plan ahead and manage emergencies, particularly if you are traveling abroad.