GUIDLINES FOR FILMING ON CAMPUS
Thank you for your interest in Fordham University as a possible filming location. These guidelines have been developed to outline established policies and procedures for commercial filming and photography.
Requests and inquiries for commercial and non-commercial filming and photography should be routed directly to:
For the Bronx Rose Hill campus, Westchester campus and Calder Center in Armonk, NY contact Deborah Russelli in the Office of the Vice President for Facilities Management via email at email@example.com or call 718-817-3840.
Rose Hill campus map Westchester campus Calder Center
For requests to film at our Lincoln Center campus, please contact Richard Waite at 212-636-7500.
Lincoln Center map
Steps to Receive Approval to Film or Photograph:
1. Obtaining approval: A filming request is not approved until all of the following requirements have been met:
2. Script Approval: A copy of the final script or storyboard must be submitted to the Vice President for Facilities Management for approval. Script approval must be granted prior to the signing of the contract.
- approval is obtained from the Vice-President for the content and intended use of any proposed film project
- agreement is obtained regarding the date, duration and hours of filming; location(s); support services required; and parking arrangements.
- consent is obtained from all campus agent(s) for the desired location(s)
- availability of the desired location is confirmed
- a location contract is signed.
3. Locations: Most areas of the Rose Hill campus may be used for filming. However, any location is available by a case-by-case basis and must be approved prior to filming. Prior to filming and at a minimum of nine (9) business days prior to the desired date, a representative of the production company must walk through the desired location(s) with a representative of Facilities Management.
4. Fees: The location fee is based on a half day/full day rate system. The time coverage by the agreement begins when the first production vehicle arrives and ends when the last one leaves on the day of the shoot. Facilities Management will assist the film company personnel with scouts, securing permission to film from various campus agents, handling contract negotiations, and assisting the cast and crew on the day(s) of filming. Charges for these services are listed as an administration fee on the invoice. Fees for providing campus services (security, custodial, etc.) will be listed separately. An itemized invoice will be forwarded to the Company within fourteen (14) days following the end of shooting, and must be paid within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the invoice.
5. Insurance: The film-maker must have secured adequate insurance coverage for their activities at the Rose Hill campus at least 24 hours prior to the shoot.
A Certificate of Insurance naming Fordham University as additionally insured for the day(s) of the shoot must be provided, as follows and for not less than:
US $5 Million - All feature/television productions
US $3 Million - All documentary productions
US $1 Million - All still photography productions
6. Parking: Special arrangements for the parking of specific vehicles (generator, camera truck, etc.) can be arranged. All other parking will be subject to normal parking procedures.