Jubilee Reunion Sets Attendance, Fund-Raising RecordsContact: Bob Howe
|Leon Krasinski, FCRH '66, presents the total gift check to Joseph M. McShane, S.J., president of Fordham University
Fordham welcomed back more than 1,500 alumni, family and friends, and raised more than $12.3 million in gifts and pledges during the 2006 Jubilee Reunion, held June 2 through June 4 on the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses. Among the numerous events was the 50th anniversary celebration of the Class of 1956, at which the Golden Rams honored William F. Banks, FCRH ’48, with the 2006 Humanitarian Service Award.
The reunion weekend also saw the unveiling of the new Ram sculpture on the lawn west of Edwards Parade, commissioned by Robert Brodner, M.D., FCRH ’68, and his son, John Brodner, D.D.S., FCRH ’94; and standing-room-only panel discussions on “The Real and Unreal Crisis in the Catholic Church,” with Mark Massa, S.J., and James T. Fisher, Ph.D., professors of theology and co-directors of the Curran Center for American Catholic Studies at Fordham, and “Challenges for the U.S. in the 21st Century,” led by retired U.S. Army Gen. Jack Keane, CBA ’66. More details and photographs are available on the Office of Alumni Relations’ Jubilee page
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to approximately 15,800 students in its five undergraduate colleges and its six graduate and professional schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx, Manhattan and Tarrytown, and the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y.