Responsibilities of Core Services include:
- Support and maintain Faculty, Staff, and Student e-mail infrastructure.
- Maintain University data security and integrity.
- Provide access to highly redundant storage systems for necessary applications.
- Continued support of ongoing University IT needs.
- High availability services.
- Monitor and ensure server infrastructure availability.
- Updating and maintaining hardware for all systems.
- Support of information requirements with University and departmental wide used applications.
- Research and development of future University IT needs.
- E-mail enhancements.
- Increased availability and stability.
- Enhanced usability.
- Improved and validated data security in tune with the changes in technology.
- Enhanced web services and University Web presence.
- Investigate, test and implement new and alternative technology to provide a better computing environment for the students of Fordham University.