Microsoft Project has the tools to help you select and deliver the right projects, reduce costs, drive efficiencies.
Microsoft Project Server 2010 is built on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, bringing together powerful business collaboration platform services with structured execution capabilities to provide flexible work management solutions. Project Server 2010 unifies project and portfolio management and allows us to align resources and investments with business priorities, gain control across all types of work, and visualize performance using powerful dashboards.
Project Server 2010
Unified Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)
• Best-of-breed portfolio management techniques are included in Project Server 2010, providing a single server with end-to-end project and portfolio management capabilities.
• Familiar SharePoint user interface throughout the solution.
• Common data store.
• Intuitive and simplifi ed administration.
• Localized portfolio selection capabilities.
• Comprehensive Application Programming Interface (API) including both project and portfolio capabilities.
• Gain insight into generic resource demand and availability across the planning horizon.
• Reschedule projects within the horizon to maximize resource utilization while adhering to schedule dependencies.
• Model headcount decisions and compare scenarios.
• Save time and unify task status updates and timesheet submissions by enabling Single Entry Mode
• Flexible and consistent interface enhances the time reporting experience
• Conveniently approve timesheet and task status updates through the consolidated Approval Center
• Simply delegate approvals with enhanced user delegation
Enhanced Reporting and Business Intelligence (BI)
• Experience the strength and depth of Microsoft Business Intelligence platform and gain transparency and control with Excel Services, PerformancePoint Services, Visio Services, PowerPivot for Excel 2010 and SQL Reporting Services
• Get started quickly with predefi ned best practice and localized report templates in the new Business Intelligence Center
• Intuitively customize reports in a familiar Excel editor and publish through Excel Services
• Simply create powerful audience-based dashboards to effectively monitor portfolio performance
• Satisfy line of business reporting requirements with Departmental Cubes. Allow decision makers to focus on their data, eliminate unnecessary clutter and ensure faster cube build times
Sharepoint Server 2010
• Project Server 2010 is built on top of SharePoint Server 2010, bringing together the powerful business collaboration platform services and structured execution capabilities to provide flexible work management solutions
• Take advantage of the Business Intelligence platform to easily create reports and powerful dashboards
• Control document review and approval through workflow
• Enterprise search makes it easy to fi nd people and effectively mine project data (resources, tasks, documents, etc.)
• Connect teams and enhance communication with wikis, blogs, discussion forums and MySites