Media Services provides technical support for faculty and staff in their audio-visual and classroom technology needs. This includes support for Smart Classrooms, Video Conferencing, and university wide sponsored events.
Policies & Procedures
- Classroom reservations are made through the Enrollment Group. Please contact Academic Records at your campus to request a room.
- Equipment requests may be made in person, over the phone, via fax, or email.
- When reserving equipment you will need to provide:
- your full name,
- an extension and/or a home or mobile phone,
- a classroom number,
- start and end time of the class,
- the equipment that will be needed.
- We require at least one business day notice on all equipment requests.
- Equipment will be delivered, set up, and retrieved by our Media Services Aides.
- For cancellations or changes, please call Media Services ahead of time. We will be glad to make the adjustment.
- Responsibility for securing all borrowed equipment rests with the individual faculty member or administrator in whose name it has been borrowed. If securing equipment is a problem, please contact Media Services for assistance. Under no circumstances is equipment to be left unattended.
- Equipment requests for Residence halls will be honored for academic-oriented events, not for those of a recreational nature.
- All overnight reservations must be signed for.
- Requests for videoconferencing must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Any requests for an international call must be made at least 1 week in advance
- Videoconferencing in Dealy E-205 and Lowenstein 309 must be scheduled through Media Services
- Requests to switch videoconference locations will not be honored once rooms have been reserved.
- Requests from student organizations must be made by the appropriate faculty advisors. Advisors will be held responsible for any borrowed equipment.