Connecting to Wireless
To connect to the Fordham University wireless network, you will need the following:
- An AccessIT ID
- A computer, or any device, equipped with an internal or external 802.11 a, b/g, n compliant wireless card.
- Please note that at this time 802.11n coverage is limited to Walsh, Campbell, Salice and Conley Halls.
- An updated operating system and similarly updated anti-virus protection
- Windows XP or Windows 7
- MacOS 10.2.x and above
Connecting to the Wireless
Wireless network users hereby agree that they have read and accept both the:
Information Technology Policy Statement and the Wireless Policy Statement.
Check to see that your computer is connected to the Fordham wireless network:
- Fordhamwifi for all campuses.
- Open your web browser and attempt to access the web.
- You will be redirected to the Fordham NAC authentication page.
- Enter your AccessIT ID and password.
- Click on the Login button.
Please visit the Fordham Network Access Control page for more information.
- Verify wireless access is available in your location: Access Points
- Verify that the wireless NIC card is correctly connected if external.
- Verify that there is adequate signal strength. The higher the signal - the faster the network connection. The signal strenth icon is usually located on the taskbar.
- Verify that you are connected to the Fordham Wireless Network. The University network identifier is Fordhamwifi.
For additional assistance and information, please contact IT Customer Care at (718) 817-3999, Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm, or via e-mail at HelpIT@fordham.edu