Connecting to Wireless
To connect to the Fordham University wireless network, you will need the following:
- An AccessIT ID
- A computer, or any device, equipped with an internal or external 802.11 a, b/g, n compliant wireless card.
- Please note that at this time 802.11n coverage is limited to Walsh, Campbell, Salice and Conley Halls.
- An updated operating system and similarly updated anti-virus protection
- Windows XP or Windows 7
- MacOS 10.2.x and above
Connecting to the Wireless
Wireless network users hereby agree that they have read and accept both the:
Information Technology Policy Statement and the Wireless Policy Statement.
Check to see that your computer is connected to the Fordham wireless network:
- FORDHAMRH-S for the Rose Hill campus.
- FORDHAMLC-S for the Lincoln Center campus.
- FORDHAM400-S for the Westchester campus.
- Open your web browser and attempt to access the web.
- You will be redirected to the Fordham NAC authentication page.
- Enter your AccessIT ID and password.
- Click on the Login button.
Please visit the Fordham Network Access Control page for more information.
- Verify wireless access is available in your location: Access Points
- Verify that the wireless NIC card is correctly connected if external.
- Verify that there is adequate signal strength. The higher the signal - the faster the network connection. The signal strenth icon is usually located on the taskbar.
- Verify that you are connected to the Fordham Wireless Network. The University network identifiers are FORDHAMRH, FORDHAMLC, and FORDHAM400.
For additional assistance and information, please contact IT Customer Care at (718) 817-3999, Monday-Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm, or via e-mail at HelpIT@fordham.edu