POSITION: Graduate Student Lab Assistant
LOCATION: Will be determined by Job Location
ITAC, a division of Fordham IT manages the Computer Teaching Labs and the Public Computer Labs on all three campuses.
All students assigned to work at the Computer Teaching Labs are required to have knowledge of Intel-based Pentium desktops with Windows. Computer Lab Assistants must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment. All students are required to use Fordham University’s email system for all work related communications.
- Daily checks to ensure that all computing equipment is fully operational at all times.
- Insure that there is NO eating or drinking in the Labs.
- Insuring that all software programs and applications (in particular, software programs and applications on which the University has standardized) are available and operational.
- Assisting public computing users who request help in using either hardware or software installed on the Center’s computers.
- Provide informational assistance to queries re: other services of IT in general and ITAC in specific.
- Distributing users’ print jobs
- Insuring printer supplies (paper, toner, etc.) are in stock.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Lab supervisor.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: (Training Provided):
- Must have basic working knowledge of the Pharos print system, the Dynal reader and how they interact.
- Must have basic working knowledge of the products such as Blackboard and Office 2010.
- For the 2014-2015 academic year, the salary will be $15 per hour.
Please click below to
(You MUST attach your Resume to the Application)