Instructional Technology / Academic Computing – IT Communications
Job Description – February 2011
DEPARTMENT: Student Technology Services
POSITION: Graduate IT Marketing/Communications Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Director of Communications
Applicant must have a strong interest in communications/PR or a related discipline such as journalism or English; be dedicated, focused, hard working, and energetic; have the ability to prioritize and multitask; have an eye for detail; and work well independently and on teams. The candidate must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, computing, research, and communications skills - both verbal and written. Benefits include good hourly pay, flexible work hours, collegial work environment, and a very good opportunity to build PR or journalism work samples for resume.
· Fordham University student working towards a Graduate degree in a communications or marketing related field.
· Must be and remain in good academic standing with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.70.
· Must uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
· With oversight from the Director of Communications, assists in coordinating and implementing Fordham IT communications programs directed at internal and external IT audiences.
· Prepares first drafts and copy edits communications material, including but not limited to, IT press releases, FYI notices, Web news articles, Web headlines/other Web content, IT newsletter articles (Inside Fordham IT),brochure copy, and other written work, following editorial and graphic guidelines.
· Assists in participating in targeted university activities including prospective student events; student, faculty, and staff orientations; Back to School etc.
· Assists in the production of IT newsletters, reports, press packets, presentations, articles, and other materials, using such skills as writing, proofreading, fact-finding, photographic services, and/or design skills. Perform some administrative tasks.
· Investigates and identifies opportunities to tell those in the Fordham University community, the media, and other key publics about Fordham IT initiatives, success stories, and best practices. In addition, develops and maintains media and contact lists and monitors Fordham IT news and Internet coverage.
· Complete familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite necessary.
· Working knowledge of web languages (HTML,Java,etc.).
· Working knowledge of web authoring tools (Dreamweaver / Open source equivalent).
· Experience in a graphic imaging software (Photoshop / Open source equivalent).
· A basic working knowledge of InDesign, Flash and Acrobat Pro a plus.
· For the 2011 academic year, the salary will be $15 per hr.
Please click below to
(You MUST attach your Resume to the Application)