Job Description – March 2014
Division: Student Technology Services (STS)
Position: Back to School - Student IT Support (IT Team Member)
Supervisor: Judy Rothschild - Manager of STS
Our Back to School IT Support at Fordham University, IT Team, assists new and returning students to connect to the University network. This is done by installing/updating virus software, updating operating systems, logging into the Fordham NAC and configuring Windows, firewall and IP settings. Members will also be asked to assist with new ID card distribution. These tasks will be performed during move-in weekend and throughout the first weeks of school as needed. Mandatory training will be provided for everyone that is offered a position.
BELOW IS OUR IT TEAM ORIENTATION VIDEO from 2010, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK (IT Team used to be called Tiger Team):
JW Player goes here
- IT Team members must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the Fall semester of their appointment.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: (Some training Provided)
- IT Team members will attend a mandatory training day on the Thursday before classes start.
- Resident students will be required to move-in early the Sunday before move-in, so you will be ready to attend training.
- Mandatory hours will be all day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday of move-in week.
- Students will also be required to assist with other IT duties on campus as requested including ID distribution.
- IT Team members should be available to work throughout the first few weeks of school as their schedules allow to help solve residual connection problems and continue ID distribution. If you cannot work after the first 3 days you can still be considered.
- Be knowledgeable on computer basics of both PC and Mac's.
- Know how to use all of the resources in the Portal and demo them.
- Be able to configure internet protocols and firewall settings to enable in-room network connections.
- Know how to update/remove/install virus software if necessary.
- Know how to run operating system updates.
- Setup and know how to install printers.
- Know how to configure mobile devices for network and email connections.
- Be able to log into the Fordham NAC and scan to enable network access.
Other Duties as assigned.
- For IT Team 2014, the salary will be $13 per hour.
Please click below to
(You MUST attach your Resume to the Application)