DIVISION: Student Technology Services
POSITION: MAC Computer Lab Assistant
SUPERVISOR: William Campbell
The Visual Arts department at Fordham Univeristy has a Macintosh based graphics arts computer classroom and lab in the basement of Keating Hall. This classroom and the faculty and students who use it, are supported by Instructional Technology Academic Computing (ITAC). The room consists of 14 iMAC’s, multiple printers and scanners.
- MUST BE a Visual Arts major or minor or a Fine Arts major
- Computer Lab Assistants must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment.
- Willing to learn the iMAC hardware and MAC operating system, in addition to all software used by faculty and students in a Graphic Arts computer classroom.
- Reliable quick learner who can work with minimal supervision
- Assist in the day to day operations of a Macintosh Computer Classroom and lab for the Graphics Arts Department. This includes basic iMac hardware and operating system support. Documentation of every customer contact is processed through our Magic ticketing system.
- Keeping printers supplied and functioning and assist students and faculty with multiple Graphics Arts software including but not limited to Photoshop, inDesign and Vectorworks
- Other Duties as assigned.
- User level knowledge of the iMAC and the MAC operating system.
- For the 2011-2012 academic year, the salary will be $10 per hour.
Please click below to
(You MUST attach your Resume to the Application)