DIVISION: Student Technology Services
POSITION: Student Web Authoring/Training Staff (SWAT Team)
SUPERVISOR: Director of Internet Services
Fordham IT's SWAT team assists with web development for the Fordham University community. Members of this group will be exposed to a mix of web authoring technologies and learn how to operate in an enterprise-class Web development environment. They are expected to provide a high level of customer service, demonstrate technical skill, exemplary interpersonal skills and maintain a professional attitude at all times. Some technical training may be provided to anyone that is offered a position.
- You must be a registered fulltime student during the full year of your appointment.
- You are expected to be and remain in good academic standing with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.70. Candidates who are on probation or provisional registration may not be considered.
- All SWAT members are expected to uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
- Maintain good citizenship
Redeploying strategic parts of the University website to conform to stylistic and industry coding standards.
Work with Departmental Web Liaisons to ensure freshness of Web Content and design.
Training for departmental Web authors.
Develop or update documentation, Style Guides and Templates for users.
Working knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets.
Experience in a graphics imaging software (Photoshop or open source equivalent).
Dreamweaver, CMS or open source equivalent.
- For the 2011-2012 academic year, the salary will be $12 per hr.
Other Duties as assigned.