Connecting from Android Clients
The Android Market contains a free app, listed as Fordham eDir, specifically designed to easily access the University White Pages.
Configuration of the LDAP Client app for Fordham University White Pages is as follows:
- Click the ‘New Account’ button on the app’s main screen and you will be presented with a screen to enter your AccessIT ID and password.
- Click the ‘Test Settings’ button to verify your entries. If correct, click the ‘Save Settings’ button. Otherwise, review your typing, correct and test settings again.
- If the test and save actions were successful, you should see a screen containing a new entry for the Fordham University White Pages (see the image below).
- Click to select the Fordham Address Book server.
- Enter a Last Name in the ‘Search Text’ box and click 'Search'.
- Results of the search will display in a format similar to that shown in the image on the next page.
- Selecting the first listing shown above (on the left-hand side) will display detailed information, in a format similar to that shown on the image at right.
- To add the information to your phone’s address book, simply click ‘Add to Contacts’.