Connecting from iOS Clients (iPhone & iPad)
The Apple AppStore does not currently provide for a free LDAP client to access the University White Pages. We have, therefore, provided an example using a low priced app, LDAPpeople, available for a small fee from the Apple AppStore.
Configuration of the LDAPeople app for Fordham University White Pages is as follows:
- Click the "+" sign in the upper right-hand corner of the app's home screen.
- Apply Settings for the new Fordham University entry using the Server and Search Base values shown above.
- Select "More Options…" and enter your AccessIT ID in place of youruserid in the Bind DN string value
and then enter your password.
- Click the icons in the upper left-hand corner to return to the "Settings" screen, and then to the "Overview" screen.
- Select "Fordham University" from the list.
- Enter the name you want to search for. (This can be the first name or last name.) The results are displayed.
- Clicking on one of the results will provide the user's e-mail address. (Please note that later in 2011, the White Pages directory will be expanded to include additional details.)