Antivirus Software Updated
Fordham Network Access Control (NAC) recommends that all computers have had their supported Antivirus software UPDATED. This will ensure that your computer is protected against virus and malware infections.
If your computer has a supported Antivirus that has NOT been updated within the last 7 days, access to Fordham's public network and the Internet will be LIMITED.
Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP
- Click on Start -> Programs -> Symantec Endpoint Protection -> Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Click on the LiveUpdate button
- LiveUpdate will connect and download the latest virus definitions
- Once complete, close the Symantec Endpoint Protection window
- Before you begin, you must be in the Finder. Click on the desktop or the Finder icon in the Dock to be in the Finder.
- On the menu bar, Click Go -> Applications
- Open the Symantec Solutions folder
- Double-click Live Update
- Click "Update Everything Now"
- After LiveUpdate finishes the process, the LiveUpdate summary window appears. You may not quit LiveUpdate
- Run LiveUpdate again to ensure that you have all available updates
NOTE: Please be aware that while Fordham Network Access Control (NAC) will allow a number of Antivirus packages, Fordham IT will ONLY be able to provide full support for Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows and Mac.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact IT Customer Care at (718) 817-3999 or via email to HelpIT@fordham.edu