Firewall Software Enabled
Fordham Network Access Control (NAC) requires that all Windows computers have a supported firewall ENABLED. This will ensure that your computer is protected against malicious network attacks.
If your Windows computer does NOT have a supported Firewall enabled, access to Fordham's public network and the Internet will be RESTRICTED.
Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Click on Start -> Programs -> Symantec Endpoint Protection -> Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Click on the Fix button
- Close the Symantec Endpoint Protection window
Windows Firewall - XP
- Click on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Security Center
- Under "Manage security settings for:" click on the Windows Firewall link
- Set to Automatic (recommended)*
- Click on Apply
- Click on OK
- Close the Windows Security Center window
- Close the Control Panels window
Windows Firewall - Vista & 7
- Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Security Center / System and Security
- Click on Windows Firewall
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall On or Off
- Set to "Turn on Windows Firewall for all network locations"
- Click OK
- Close the Control Panel - Windows Firewall window
NOTE: Please be aware that while Fordham Network Access Control (NAC) will allow a number of Firewall products, Fordham IT will ONLY be able to provide full support for Windows Firewall and Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows. Click here for the complete list of acceptable Firewall products.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact IT Customer Care at (718) 817-3999 or via email to HelpIT@fordham.edu