Parking at Rose Hill will be inside our indoor five level parking facility. Handicapped spaces are located adjacent to elevators and on the second level to provide easy access for the physically challenged. Vehicles higher than 82” cannot be accommodated within our parking facility. Parking at Fordham is based on a user fee schedule. Parking costs are not included in tuition or room / board costs, therefore; people who do not use the facility are not charged. All students, faculty, administrators, staff and visitors that require space must pay the posted parking fee. Parking is charged each time a vehicle enters campus unless an annual permit for daytime or overnight parking has been obtained from the Safety / Security office. Annual parking permits are charged to students’ accounts or through payroll deductions.
University parking is accessed through our main entrance on Southern Boulevard. All traffic must turn left after the guard station and proceed into the indoor facility. Pick up and drop offs will take place at the guard station and fees will not be charged.
An additional parking entrance is located at 685 E. Fordham Road for short term parking. The fee schedule for short term is based on hourly posted parking rates. Monthly posted rates are also available in this short term area. Free shuttle service on a fixed schedule is provided to the Belmont Community, Bronx Zoo or NY Botanical Gardens to folks who use the short term parking spaces at the posted hourly / monthly rates.
Motor Vehicle Regulations Effective September 1, 2011
Fordham University maintains an indoor parking facility available for use by our faculty, students, administrators, staff visitors, and public. Vehicles enter via the Southern Boulevard entrace. University Security Staff are responsible for the safety and control of campus traffic. Kindly comply with the directions of the Security Guards on duty.
The University is NOT LIABLE for personal injury, damage to vehicles, vandalism, and theft of a vehicle or its contents. Lock all valuables out of sight, preferably in the trunk of the car, and lock all car doors.
- ALL VEHICLES ENTER CAMPUS PARKING VIA THE SOUTHERN BOULEVARD ENTRANCE
- CAMPUS PARKING CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AND IS ON A FIRST - COME BASIS
- THERE IS NO UNIVERSITY INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ANY OF THE AFORMENTIONED HAZARDS
To use the parking facility, except as a visitor or public, a vehicle must be registered and parking fees must be payed. Registration fees are determined on a yearly basis, from September 1 to August 31.
Vehicle registration must be completed via my.fordham.edu
When applying for a Fordham pass, you must complete a "Fordham Pass Application" form online. Each member of the University must present a Current Fordham University identification card along with a receipt of the online purchase.
The Security Office will provide Fordham pass that will be activated upon receipt. The pass must be visibly displayed on the windshield. If a vehicle does not have a Fordham pass affixed, the vehicle WILL NOT be permitted to make use of the parking facility unless a Visitor's parking fee of $11.00 is paid at the time of each entry.
The Fordham pass can be utilized for the entire time one is a member of the Fordham Community upon payment of an annual fee.
Return of the Fordham pass is mandatory when on decides to no longer pay the annual fee or no longer works or studies here at Fordham. Should the Fordham pass not be returned to the Security Office, an automatic fee of $50.00 will be assessed via Payroll deductions and Student Accounts. While we are not charging members of the Faculty/Staff or Students to issue the Fordham pass, failure to return it will result in the fee being charged.to obtain the Fordham pass. That $50.00 will be returned upon the Contractor/Guest's return of the Fordham pass.
FORDHAM UNIVERSITY CLASSIFICATION AND FEES
Faculty Decal & Coupon Book of 20 (Decal: $120.00, Coupon: $60.00)
|Administrators and Staff
|Alumni (only when members of Lombardi or Library)
Student Decal & Coupon Book of 20 (Decal: $120.00, Coupon: $60.00)
|Visitors Daily (Vehicle must leave garage before midnight)
|Replacement for Lost Decal (Written document supporting loss required i.e. police report)
|Failure to return Fordham pass
ILLEGALLY PARKED VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED AT OWNERS EXPENSE
- No vehicle may enter through Third Avenue entrance.
- Parking is restricted to our indoor parking garage.
- Overnight parking is permitted between the hours of 12:00 AM & 7:00 AM and the fee is an additional $11.00.
- Campus is restricted to holders of reserved spaces vehicles required to service the campus
- Passing of vehicels traveling in the same direction on campus is not permitted
- Maximum speed limit on campus is 15 m.p.h.
- Cars must be parked between stall lines
- No parking is permitted on campus roadways, sidewalks, or paths.
- No motorcycles, mopeds, mini bike, bicycles, or skateboarding are permitted on campus roads or paths.
- No pick-ups or drop-offs on campus are permitted except under special circumstances and cleared through Security.
- Bicycles and mini bikes must park in authorized locations at Bathgate, Belmont, and Third Avenue gates and inside the lowest garage level.
PENALTIES FOR INFRACTIONS OF RULES:
Towing is performed by a private company and the vehicle owner must pay the towing company for the cost of the vehicle removal PLUS storage charges for autos left past tow date.
- Any vehicle blocking the dumpster area will be booted without any warning. It is essential to be able to remove campus refuse.
- Any vehicle blocking fire or access lanes will be booted without any warning
- Any vehicle not displaying proper Fordham pass or current daily visitor receipt will be presumed to not have authorization to park and will be towed or booted without any warning
- Any vehicle parked in fire, restricted are, restricted space, on campus paths or roadways, obstructing building entrances/exits will be booted without any warning
- Any vehicle left overnight should expect to be booted without any warning unless they have an authorized/overnight decal
- Immobilized (booted) vehicles for aforementioned violations will be released upon payment of a $30.00 fee.
NOTE: Speeding or reckless driving will result in action against operator/owner of vehicle and may result in exclusion of vehicle from campus. The decal is removed from vehicle when it has been excluded from campus. A replacement fee will be charged at the end of the imposed penalty period to obtain another decal.
Westchester Campus Parking
West Harrison, New York
Motor Vehicle Regulations Effective September 1, 2011
At the Westchester Campus of Fordham University, as at many University campuses, parking is always a major challenge. In an effort to accomodate its students and personnel, Fordham University operates its own parking facilities and has established traffic procedures. As a member of the Fordham University community, your are requested to become familiar with traffic regulations and to comply with them.
The Westchester Campus Fordham University Security staff is responsible for safety and control of campus traffic. Kindly comply with the directives of the guards on duty.
The University is NOT LIABLE for personal injury, damage to vehicles, vandalism, theft of a vehicle or its contents. Lock all valuables out of sight, preferably in the trunk of the car, and lock all car doors.
THERE IS NO UNIVERSITY COVERAGE FOR ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED HAZARDS
To use the parking facilities, except as a visitor, a vehicle must be registered and parking fees must be paid. Registration fees are determined on a yearly basis, from September 1 to August 31.
Vehicle registration must be completed via my.fordham.edu. Fordham passes will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Saturdays (in September only) from 9:00 AM - 12 noon.
When applying for a Westchester Campus Fordham pass, you
must complete a "Parking Permit Application" form online. Each person must also present a Current 2012 Fordham University identification card along with the receipt of online purchase. Fordham passes will not be issued without identification cards and receipts.
The Security Office will provide a Fordham pass, which is to be placed ONLY on the back of the windshield. If a vehicle does not have a Fordham pass affixed, the vehicle WILL NOT be permitted to make use of the parking facilities. Students/Faculty assigned to our Westchester Campus may park at Rose Hill to use the Walsh Family Library at no additional cost.
CAMPUS PARKING CAN NOT BE GUARANTEED AND IS ON A FIRST - COME BASIS