The Parents' Leadership Council
The Parents' Leadership Council is a network of parents who are committed to working with Fordham administrators to promote the well-being and advancement of the University.
Council members are asked to make an annual commitment of $10,000 or more to the University.
Areas of Service:
- Encourage other parents to donate and/or volunteer
- Review lists and recommend strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of gifts from parents
- Make welcome phone calls to incoming families from your area
- Work with University administrators on the Parent E-newsletter generating topics and ideas for articles
- Sign solicitations and thank you letters for parent contributions
- Provide internships and job placements
- Mentor current students, promoting their current academic success and career development
- Leverage corporate relationships to create enhanced opportunities for students
- Serve as our ambassadors at welcome events and summer send-off receptions for new parents and students
- Assist in recruiting students to Fordham by participating in college fairs, hosting regional parent receptions and admitted student events
- Facilitate communication by sharing parents' opinions, concerns and feedback with key University administrators