Post-Master's Healthcare Management Certificate
Palliative and Long-Term Care: A Public-Health Approach
Upcoming dates: October 14-17, 2016 Part I and February 10-13, 2017 Part II
Location: Fordham Westchester Campus
Tuition: $2,700 per person; Fordham alumni $2,500
Caring for the frail, seriously ill, and dying is a fundamental responsibility of any society, yet it presents healthcare managers with many challenges.
How do providers deliver high-quality care ethically and efficiently? How and by whom is healthcare value determined? How do we prepare for healthcare reform and a restructured healthcare workforce, while ensuring parity of care for diverse populations?
This Fordham executive-education certificate program offers post-master’s* students an opportunity to examine these important healthcare management questions during an intensive two-weekend course. The program will include policy and clinical applications in participants’ chosen concentrations.
Note: Students enrolled in master’s-level programs may be eligible to apply. For more information, please contact Mary Beth Morrissey at 914.714.2241 or email@example.com.
Detailed faculty bios are available online.
- Mary Beth Morrissey, PhD, MPH, JD, Program Director (Social Work/PublicHealth/Law)
- Christopher Comfort, MD (Palliative Medicine)
- Harold Federman, MD (Palliative Medicine)
- Bruce Jennings, MA (Bioethics)
- Barney Newman, MD (Health Systems Management)
- Falguni Sen, PhD (Health Systems Management)
- Nancy Boyd Webb, DSW, LICSW, RPT-S (Social Work)
- Frederick J. Wertz, PhD (Psychology)
- Judith Dobrof, DSW
- M. Carrington Reid, PhD, MD
- William T. Smith, PhD
- Mark Caldwell, PhD
- Introduction to Public Health and Healthcare Management
- Law, Ethics, and Humanism in Care Management of Seriously Ill Patients and Special Populations
- Foundations in Palliative Care
- Challenges in Management of End-of-Life Care
- Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice and Leadership Models
- Death, Dying, and Bereavement
- Gerontological Issues in Healthcare Management
- Health Systems Management and Innovation: Changing Business Models, Delivery and Payment System Reforms, and Technology
- Intersession Field Project
Please note: Course sequence and content may be modified. Please contact the program director if you are seeking continuing education credits.
How to Register
Fordham University Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center and the Collaborative for Palliative Care, Inc.
Mary Beth Morrissey, PhD, MPH, JD, Program Director
President, Collaborative for Palliative Care
Falguni Sen, PhD, Director, Global Healthcare Innovation Management Center