Inter-University Doctoral Consortium
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences doctoral students have the opportunity to take graduate courses in New York area schools participating in the Inter-University Doctoral Consortium (IUDC). The IUDC has been in existence for over 25 years and offers students an enormous array of courses and opportunities for contact with faculty and students in their fields.
Requirements to take IUDC graduate courses:
- To be a doctoral student (terminal masters students and non-Arts and Sciences students are not eligible).
- To have completed at least one year of full time study toward the PhD
Inter-University Doctoral Consortium members:
- Columbia University
- Fordham University
- Graduate Center, CUNY
- New York University
- New School for Social Research
- Princeton University
- Rutgers University
- Stony Brook University
- Teacher's College, Columbia University
To take consortium courses you need the approval of your Department/Program Chair and to complete the Inter-University Doctoral Consortium Registration Form.
New York Theological Group Cross Registration Consortium
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences master's and doctoral students have the opportunity to take graduate courses in New York area schools participating in the New York Theological Group Cross-Registration.
Requirements to take New York Theological Group Cross-Registration graduate courses:
- Be a Graduate School of Arts and Sciences master's or doctoral student
- Students will be permitted to take courses not available at the home institution in the academic year in which cross-registration is sought and not “core” or “required” courses for the degree at the home institution without the explicit permission of the program coordinator at the home institution
- Students will be allowed to take one course per semester or other academic terms (except for summer language courses if necessary).
- Only GSAS graduate students in good standing shall be eligible to register for classes
New York Theological Group Cross-Registration Agreement members:
- Fordham University, on behalf of its Graduate School of Arts and Science
- Union Theological Seminary in New York City
- The General Theological Seminary
- St. Vladimirʼs Orthodox Theological Seminary
- New York Theological Seminary
- Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion
To take Theological consortium courses you need the approval of your Department/Program Chair and to complete the Theological Consortium Cross Registration Form.
For more information please visit the IUDC website