Ethics and Society
The Master of Arts in Ethics and Society provides students with the intellectual tools needed for critical and compassionate engagement in today's burning ethical issues. More than a means to an end, our program embodies Fordham University's mission to offer education in the Jesuit tradition of intellectual excellence enriched through moral values, religious concerns, and active engagement in creating a caring and just world. The cross-disciplinary program provides a foundation in the moral frameworks of philosophy, theology, psychology, bioethics, and social justice and is further tailored to your individual interests and career goals with electives.
The Master of Arts in Ethics and Society also offers:
- A flexible program tailored to your career goals. Course scheduling includes part-time study, evening classes, and one-year program completion.
- Hands-on practicum allows students to shadow professionals who are engaged in services that require ethical decision-making.
- Opportunities to develop moral competence and character while contributing to community welfare.
- Exposure to those who promote national policies that advance the common good.
- Careers in government and non-profit agencies.
- Careers in business and healthcare.
- Doctoral and professional degree programs in the humanities, sciences and law.
You are warmly invited to contact the program director with any questions or if you would like to discuss the program.