Council News and Activities
President's Council Engagement Activities
As the President's Council seeks to fulfill the mission of the Council and help develop the next generation of Fordham leaders, many members guest speak on campus, attend student mentoring events, host events, and serve on panel discussions.
Following is a sampling of this important leadership engagement:
- Tom Humphrey served as Winged-Foot Golf Classic Chair.
- Inaugural Executive Leadership Dinner Series with speaker Colleen Jones.
- Jerry Makris hosted an event at Thalassa to support the work of Professors Telly Papanikolaou and George E. Demacopoulos in Orthodox Christian Studies.
- Don Almeida addressed guests at the PwC Corporate Reception.
- JP Morgan Fordham Corporate Reception Hosted John McGinley and Michael Davidson.
- Frank Sciame moderated the annual Urban Dialogues panel.
- Sander Flaum greeted Gen. Peter Pace, USMC (Ret.), keynote for GBA's Annual Flaum Lecture Series.
Alumnae Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Thomas More College. Read full story.
Lockheed Martin Exec Maryanne Lavan Shares Secrets to Success. Read full story.
President’s Council joined young alumni and Fordham students to discuss the value of a liberal arts education and “love-driven” leadership at Executive Leadership Series on Oct. 21, 2014. Read full story.
Thomas Maier, Michael J. Bowe, Julie Gebauer and Thomas E. Kelly III gave young Fordham alumni inside scoop on career advice. Read full story.
See pictures from the Spring '14 Executive Leadership Series: "Inside the Executives Studio"
Ed Blount met with his ROSE Program student participants at the Federal Reserve in Washington D.C.
President's Council Chair Jim Houlihan spoke to young alumni and students at the Fall Executive Leadership Series. Read full story.
See pictures from the Spring '13 Executive Leadership Series.
George McCartney hosted a group of students from Hour Children at Rose Hill. Read full story.