- Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY.
- Professor of Law, 2008-present; Visiting Prof., 2007-08.
- Courses: Civil Procedure, Complex Litigation, Professional Responsibility
- Chair, Faculty Hiring Committee, 2011-13; Co-Chair, Faculty Scholarship Committee, 2010-12; Director of Adjunct Faculty, 2008-10
- Teacher of the Year, 2012
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, NJ.
- John J. Gibbons Professor of Law, 2007-08; Professor, 2001-07; Assoc. Prof., 1998-2001; Ass’t Prof., 1995-98.
- Courses: Civil Procedure, Complex Litigation, Professional Responsibility, Torts
- Professor of the Year, 1998; Professor of the Year Nominee, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2006, 2007; Dean’s Fellow, 2004-07; University Faculty Excellence Award, 1998; University Teaching Fellow, 1998-99
VISITING ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
- Chuo Law School, Tokyo, Japan. Visiting Professor, April 2010.
- Lectures on U.S. Litigation Process
- Vanderbilt Law School, Nashville, TN. Visiting Professor, Short Course.
- Ethics in Multiparty Litigation (Spring 2007)
- Problems in Resolving Mass Litigation (Fall 2005)
- Columbia Law School, New York, NY. Fensterstock Visiting Professor, Fall 2002.
- Civil Procedure, Complex Litigation
- New York University School of Law, New York, NY. Visiting Scholar, 2001-02.
- Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton, New York, NY. Associate, 1992-95.
- Chief Judge James L. Oakes, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit. Law Clerk, 1991-92.
- Justice Stewart G. Pollock, Supreme Court of New Jersey. Law Clerk, 1990-91.
- The Green Vale School, Glen Head, NY. Humanities Teacher, 1985-87.
JUDICIAL, PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY APPOINTMENTS
- American Law Institute, Elected Member, 2005-present
- Adviser, Principles of the Law of Aggregate Litigation, 2004-10
- Members Consultative Group, Restatement (Third) of Torts: Physical Harm, 2006-10
- Association of American Law Schools, Civil Procedure Section
- Chair, 2004; Chair-Elect, 2003; Secretary, 2002; Executive Committee, 2002-05
- Congregation Shomrei Emunah, President, 2010-12
- New Jersey District V(A) Ethics Committee, Member, 2000-04
- New Jersey Supreme Court Civil Practice Committee, Member, 2000-08
- Chair, Subcommittee on Protective Orders, 2002-06
- Third Circuit Task Force on Selection of Class Counsel, Member, 2001-02
- New Jersey, 1990
- New York, 1991
- United States District Court:
- District of New Jersey, 1990
- Southern District of New York, 1993
- Eastern District of New York, 1993
- Southern District of Texas, 1994