Research and Teaching Areas
Privacy; Internet; Intellectual Property
- Stanley D. and Nikki Waxberg Chair, 2010 - ;
- Professor of Law, 1997- ; Associate Professor, 1990 - 1996 (tenured 1995);
- Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Associate Chief Academic Officer, Fordham University, 2008/09;
- President, Fordham University Faculty Senate, 2007/08 ;
- Founding Director, Fordham Center on Law & Information Policy, 2005- ;
- Director of Studies, LL.M in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law, 2006/08 ;
- Director of the Graduate Program, 1998/01;
- Visiting Professor, Universite de Paris (Pantheon-Sorbonne) 1996/1997, 2003/04;
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar;
- Articles Editor, Columbia Journal of Transnational Law;
- Associate Debevoise and Plimpton (Washington);
- Expert Advisor, Federal Trade Commission;
- Advisory Panel Member, U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment;
- Expert Advisor to the Commission of the European Communities;
- Member O.E.C.D. Project Group on Consumer Protection and Electronic Commerce;
- Principal subjects: Comparative Law, Contract Law, Information Technology Law, International Trade Regulation (at Fordham since 1990).
- Dartmouth, 1983 A.B.
- Columbia, 1986, J.D.
- Univ. de Paris I-Sorbonne, 1987, D.E.A. droit international économique
- Univ. de Paris I-Sorbonne, 2003 Doctorat en droit.