How to Apply
Prospective Visiting Foreign Scholars and Research Fellows must complete the online application form below.
The following supplemental information is required as part of the application. Please have these materials ready to upload in order to successfully submit your request:
- resume or curriculum vitae;
- statement of research plan, approximately 1,000 words in length;
- professional digital photograph of the type that would be used for a passport or state identification;
- proof of English-language proficiency (i.e., a TOEFL or IELTS report) if you are seeking a visa based on documentation provided by Fordham University. Please note that this is a new requirement imposed by the U.S. Department of State.
- This requirement does not apply for candidates who hold a university-level degree from the United States, any Caribbean Island where English is the sole official language, Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, or the United Kingdom.
- Visitors applying pursuant to our Cooperation Agreements with the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea and the European University Institute are entitled to meet this requirement with a phone interview.
Space in this program is limited. Applications should be submitted at least six (6) months in advance of the proposed visit.