Dates and Fees

2016 Dates

April 15: Application Deadline

May 28: Holiday Inn Express Available for Check-in

May 29: Black Tour (3 p.m.), Orientation, and Welcome Reception at Holiday Inn Express (5 p.m.)

May 30: Breakfast with U.S. Consul General at QUB (9 a.m.)

May 30: First Day of Classes Begin at Queen’s University, Belfast (altered class schedule begins at noon)

May 31: Introduction to Northern Ireland by former Head of School, Professor Colin Harvey

June 1: Great Hall Dinner

June 2: City Hall and Titanic Museum (4 p.m.)

June 3: Tour of Stormont (5 p.m.); Politicians' Panel at Stormont (5:30 p.m.)

June 4: Tour of Northern Ireland Coast (8:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m.)

June 5: Check out of the Holiday Inn Express, Bus to Dublin, Check into Trinity

June 5: Walking Tour of Dublin with Professors (4 p.m.)

June 6: First Day of Classes Begin at Trinity College

June 8: Tour of Four Courts. (10 a.m. Classes begin at 1:30 p.m.)

June 9: King's Inn Dinner

June 10: Last Day of Classes; Regular Program Ends

June 13: Extension Program Begins

June 13: Externships Begin

June 18: Extension Program Ends

June 18: Pub Party

July 23: Externships End


1. Regular Program

Tuition: $3600

Housing: $975

2. Regular+Extension Program

Tuition: $5700

Housing: $1550

3. Externship

Non-Credit: $500

Credit: $2,600

A $200 tuition deposit and a $200 housing deposit are due within three weeks of acceptance. These deposits are applied to the final tuition and housing charges.

*Apply and commit to the Program with a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit by February 15, 2016, and the Program will waive the $500 externship placement fee.

Travel and Passports

Air transportation costs are not included. Participants arrange travel to Ireland on their own. A passport is required for travel to Ireland, the United Kingdom, and other Western European countries. It is the students' responsibility to have a valid passport. Contact the nearest state department office or post office for information. Plan ahead and get your passport early. Non-United States citizens should consult their respective countries' consulate offices for visa information.