To provide a venue for the discussion of issues relevant to commuting students with the Office of Student Leadership and Community Development, the Commuter Student Services Program and the Commuting Students Association and a structure through which the CSA and the Office of Student Leadership and Community Development will partner on joint efforts to provide services to commuting students.
The Commuter Life Sub-Committee consists of:
- Executive Vice President of CSA (Chair of Committee, non-voting member)
- Assistant Director of Leadership and Commuter Student Services (advisor, non-voting)
- Executive President of CSA
- General Assembly Member of CSA (chosen by Executive Board)
- Co-Chair of Committee (chosen through a vote of the committee, non-CSA)
- Senior Class Commuter Representative (non-CSA)
- Junior Class Commuter Representative (non-CSA)
- Sophomore Class Commuter Representative (non-CSA)
- Freshman Class Commuter Representative (non-CSA)
- One Commuter Assistant
The Commuting Students Association, under the guidance of the Assistant Director for Leadership and Commuter Student Services, will conduct a selection process to choose commuters to participate in this committee. In October of every year, applications will be made available to all non-CSA commuters. Once applications have been received, the selection committee will review the applications, conduct interviews, and render decisions.
Commitments and Responsibilities:
All committee members will be required to attend one meeting per month. The committee will decide when and where the meetings are to take place. All those on the committee will retain their membership for one academic year.
While this is an open forum for commuters to discuss their concerns with administration, it will be that certain issues cannot be discussed due to legality or privacy. These issues will be determined by the Assistant Director of Leadership and Commuter Student Services.
All responsibilities for the members of the committee will be set forth as determined by the Executive Vice President of CSA, in consultation with the Assistant Director for Leadership and Commuter Student Services.