The newly renovated Loyola Residential College will be home to approximately 125 first-year Fordham College at Rose Hill (FCRH) and Gabelli School of Business (GSB) students in the Manresa Scholars Program. Loyola Hall houses classrooms that are equipped with SMART technology, a kitchen, study nooks, event space, and the St. Ignatius of Loyola Chapel.
Manresa students are enrolled in a course taught by one of Fordham's most talented professor-scholars. Each professor also serves as the academic advisor and intellectual mentor to each student. Professor Robert Parmach, Freshman Dean of FCRH, is the Faculty Director of the program.
The Residence Hall Staff in Loyola Hall consists of one full-time resident director, four resident assistants, four academic live-in tutors, and one Jesuit priest-in-residence. This staff complements the academic experience by expanding each resident’s intellectual, spiritual, and social growth within the residential setting through a variety of regular and enriching programs.
Please visit the Manresa Scholars Website for additional information on the program.
Fordham College at Rose Hill (FCRH) Course Options
1. Abnormal Psychology in Contemporary Culture
2. Texts & Contexts: Spanish Colonialism Through Film
3. Discrete Structures, Computer Science and Transformative Technologies
4. The Lost Interlocutor: Philosophy of Human Nature
5. Restless Hearts: The Search for God
6. Texts & Contexts: Jesuit Cross-Cultural Encounters
7. Understanding Historical Change: Representing China & The West
Gabelli School of Business (GSB) Course Options
1. The Ground Floor
2. The Lost Interlocutor: Philosophy of Human Nature
3. Restless Hearts: The Search for God
Manresa Symposium on Jesuit Education and Social Justice (Optional 1-credit symposium)