- Cardiovascular/Weight Training/Mind & Body Classes: The skill level is mixed (beginner, intermediate, advanced). Each instructor will put a different spin on their class design based on their talents and expertise in the fitness industry.
- Spinning: A low impact; calorie burning cardiovascular workout led by a certified instructor on a spin bike. They will have you climbing, sprinting, running, and jumping to energizing music. Their various options will match your fitness level, new or experienced, come get stronger and fitter by taking a ride.
- Boot Camp: A strength & cardio based interval class. This class will help you change up your workout routine, burn calories and build muscle. Come hydrated and ready to sweat!
- "RamFit": a new innovative program that is geared towards burning fat and building lean muscle. You will be taken through plyometric, speed and agility drills. As well as strength and endurance exercises for all major muscle groups. Need a challenge? Want to learn how to exercise safe and efficiently to decrease causes of injuries by using the proper form? Then this is the class you should be in!
- "The Fordham Condition": The class begins with a cardiovascular warm-up. Next the class focus is to increase the total body’s muscular endurance, strength and flexibility using free weights, bars, or bands. The class ends with core and stretch work. Think Boot Camp meets Pilates!
- ZUMBA: DITCH THE WORKOUT, JOIN THE PARTY. Combining fitness moves with easy-to-follow, fun choreography set to the hottest Latin and world music. Zumba is an exhilarating, effective, calorie-burning dance fitness workout. Burn mega calories, dance your socks off, maybe even make some friends -- it's Exercise in Disguise!
- Power Kickboxing: Come and learn, or just to fine tune your boxing technique. This class combines boxing punches, kicks and strength training all in one. Practice boxing combinations in a cardiovascular, muscular endurance and strength workout.
- Total Body Weight Training: A total body conditioning workout which will focus and enhance particular muscle groups. The class ends with stretching and relaxation. You’ll be encouraged to push yourself to the next possible level to find the super hero in YOU! This class is a quest and journey to find your true self.
- Capoeira: an Afro-Brazilian martial art. It combines fighting, dancing and singing into a game that is a fight and a fight that is a game.
- “30/30” Spin and Conditioning: A 30 minute Spin class followed by 30 minutes of weight training!
- Circuit Drills: Make your way around weights, cardio, and core stations that are set-up in a circuit and timed!
- "Chiseled!": Engage in a total body workout with a blend of resistance and core training combined with bursts of cardio to achieve maximum results.
- Ballet Tone: This ballet inspired total body sculpting class will increase flexibility and improve your posture. Bring out the grace and strength in yourself with these ballet exercises.This is a low impact class and is open to all levels.
- Hip Hop Dance: This high energy dance class will make you sweat while working on isolation and flexibility movements. Each class will end with a new Hip Hop routine for you to learn! All levels of experience are welcome.
- "Fordham Staff & Faculty"- Yoga: gentle yoga set for the campus staff and faculty. The focus is on breath and physical alignment to help you release and let go of mind chatter and daily stressors. Return to work feeling lighter and rejuvenated!
- Yoga with Bhadra: This class is a mixed level for new and experienced students. Most classes will include: Surya Namaskar (Salutations to the Sun), standing poses, back bends, forward bends, twists, Savasana(relaxation). There will be focuses on alignment, stability in postures and sequences. Come and explore your form.
- Yoga with Sylvia: Classic yoga postures used in Astanga and Iyengar styles; practice to build strength and flexibility with awareness of breath, correct alignment and precise actions of the body.
- Pilates Core: A take on the traditional Pilates discipline. The class focus is to develop strength within core muscles, which are the deep, internal muscles of the abdomen and back. Developing stability throughout your entire torso will help to relieve any back pain. You will learn how to properly stabilize your trunk which allows for more efficient movements.
- Morning Meditation: This class will get you ready to tackle the day! Postures are presented in an easy to follow, accessible manner with plenty of time for modifications to increase awareness of breath, ability to focus, observe, be present and relax.
- Pop-Up Classes: Look out for these special extra POP-UP classes occurring throughout the semesters!
Attention Fordham Faculty, Staff, Administrator’s! Do you have co-workers, a department, or an athletic team that wants private classes held on a certain day/time? Contact me: email@example.com !