On-Line Summer Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan Request
In order to receive a Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan for summer 2012, you must file a 2011-2012 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by July 1, 2012. If you have been selected for verification or additional information has been requested, all requirements must be satisfied before your loan can be processed.
To be eligible for a Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, you must be:
- accepted and matriculated in a degree granting program
- enrolled at least half-time
- making satisfactory academic progress
If your registration status is less than half-time, but you are involved in other degree requirements (dissertation, comprehensive exam preparation etc.) with a credit equivalency that will raise your enrollment to at least half-time, you must file an enrollment certification form with your school or department. This certification must be processed by Academic Records before you can receive loan proceeds.
You cannot receive Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan funds until the FAFSA
, Master Promissor Note (MPN) and Entrance Interview
have been completed. Students who borrowed Stafford Loans at Fordham since since the 2010-2011 academic year do NOT
have to Complete another MPN or Entrance Interview.
You can confirm that Fordham has received your completed MPN and Entrance Interview by clicking on the Documents tab of the Financial Aid section of your my.fordham.edu
By successfully completing this loan request form, you will be providing all the information required for Fordham to complete the processing of your loan.
- Loan amounts borrowed during the Fall and Spring terms reduce your eligibility for Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized loans in the proceeding summer term.
- Receipt of loan proceeds may be delayed if you have already submitted a Loan Request and you are changing your loan period.
For more information about Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans or financial aid return to the Financial Aid web site.