The Faculty Children Exchange (FACHEX) Program
The FACHEX Program was inaugurated in 1971 by the Academic Vice Presidents of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
The following statements reflect the current procedures and policies:
1. Procedures and Policies The student first must submit a regular application for admission to the FACHEX-participating College involved. This must be done in accord with that college's regular admission requirements and procedures. Eligibility to participate in the FACHEX Program does not qualify a student for admission, nor does admission qualify a student for FACHEX tuition remission. When a student has applied for admission at the other institution, that student should report this promptly to their Office of Student Financial Services indicating in writing their interest in the FACHEX program. The Office of Student Financial Services then will notify the FACHEX representative at the other institution of the student's eligibility as a FACHEX applicant.
The receipt of a FACHEX tuition remission depends finally on the FACHEX openings available at a given college when the foregoing process is completed. Student selection is usually based on an academic criteria set by the school. No FACHEX waiting list is maintained nationally, although a college might choose to maintain a waiting list of its own. The FACHEX applicant will be notified of the outcome by the FACHEX representative of the institution to which the student applied.
2. Restrictions Not all Jesuit colleges are participating in the FACHEX Program, and there are some program restrictions (e.g., health sciences, nursing, and overseas studies are often excluded). No school is obligated to enroll more than three FACHEX students over the number it sends out. Hence, at times, one or more participating colleges may have no openings, and it may be impossible to forecast much in advance when openings will occur. Colleges do, however, aim to inform FACHEX applicants of their status by May 15th.
3. Fordham Employee Procedures: The son or daughter of any faculty or administrator eligible for tuition remission and tuition exchange at Fordham is eligible to apply to any of the 27 participating Jesuit colleges listed below. Complete the Certification Form and email Susan Moran DeFina (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Financial Services by November 1st; requesting FACHEX certification for your dependent. Certification of your dependent’s eligibility will go out to the requested schools.
4. Fordham Inbound Policy Restrictions: A student receiving the FACHEX award may attend for less than the four years normally required for an undergraduate degree, and must be admitted as an incoming fall freshman student in our traditional programs . Transfer students, summer session enrollment, and students admitted in the spring semester are excluded. The benefits are for full-time students only. FACHEX scholarship benefits are tuition remission only, students are expected to pay all fees and room and board charges. This scholarship supersedes any other financial aid that the student is offered and the total of all financial aid may not exceed tuition. The annual completion of the FAFSA is required to maintain the FACHEX award.
The following twenty-seven (27) institutions are currently participating in the Faculty Children Exchange Program :
1. Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02167 “Early Action Admission required and application should indicate the Jesuit school where the parent is employed, no certification from home school is required”
2. Canisius College, Buffalo, New York 14208
3. College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts 01610
4. Creighton University, Omaha, Nebraska 68178
5. Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut 06430
6. Fordham University, Fordham Road, Bronx, New York 10458
7. Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington 99258
8. John Carroll University, University Heights, Ohio 44118
9. LeMoyne College, LeMoyne Heights, Syracuse, New York 13214
10. Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland 21210-2699
11. Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California 90045
12. Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118
13. Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60611
14. Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53233
15. Regis College, Denver, Colorado 80221
16. Rockhurst College, Kansas City, Missouri 64110
17. Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California 95053 “ Early Action Admission Required”
18. St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19131
19. St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri 63103
20. St. Peter's College, Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
21. Seattle University, Seattle, Washington 98122
22. Spring Hill College, Mobile, Alabama 36608
23. University of Detroit, Detroit, Michigan 48221
24. University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94117
25. University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania 18510
26. Wheeling College, Wheeling, West Virginia 26003
27. Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio 45207