Archdiocese of New York
Continue your faith formation & continuing education journey
Since its founding 175 years ago, Fordham has steadfastly honored its mission of educating students in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition. Today, in partnership with the Archdiocese of New York, Fordham continues this tradition with Enlighten, an online adult faith education program.
Enlighten offers you new online courses that will help you understand and live your Catholic faith.
The first spring session begins Jan. 22nd - register today!
Who Should Participate in Enlighten?
Enlighten for ADNY is opened to all member of the Archdioces of New York:
- Those involved in parish leadership or ministry
- Catechists and youth ministers looking to satisfy certification requirements or simply renew their knowledge
- All who are interested in learning more about their faith
The all-online Enlighten program offers parishioners of the Archdiocese of New York the opportunity to explore their faith, church history, and church teachings.
Through coursework, you will examine the scriptures, the sacraments, Catholic social teaching, and more.
All instructors have ample experience in teaching catechesis.
Each course is designed in a way that caters to adult learners.
You’ll have many opportunities to discuss course content with other students and the broader faith community.
- Six core courses run for six weeks each.
- Each week, coursework is delivered in small modules that can be completed at a time that's convenient for you.
- Lectures are presented in a combination of video and audio format.
- Readings and other resources are provided.
- Participation in the program is a step toward certification for catechists and other lay leaders.
- Currently the program is open to parishioners of the Archdiocese of New York, which covers all costs.