Want to see how your Fordham business education stacks up?
Engage in some friendly competition.
Gabelli School students, competing as either individuals or on teams, consistently finish strong in business competitions of all kinds. Here are some examples:
Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Cup
Offers real-world experience in mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, financial advisory, and private equity.
- No. 1, New York Regional (2017)
- No. 1, New York regional (2016)
- No. 2, New York regional (2014)
- No. 1, New York regional (2013)
- No. 1, New York regional (2012)
Institutional Investor All-America Student Analyst Competition
Attracts more than 2,000 students from 75 to 80 universities. Competitors invest a mock portfolio for three months, trading on day-end prices and balancing long and short strategies.
- No. 1 school overall (2014), placing the most students—nine—into the Top 100 ranking tables
- 1st and 3rd place in the individual competition (2014) with four students in the national Top 20
- 5th place in the individual competition (2015) with 14 students in the national Top 100
CFA Institute Research Challenge
Promotes best practices in research among the next generation of analysts, providing practical experience in researching and reporting on publicly traded companies.
- No. 1, New York region (2014), and Americas finalist (Top 10) — competed in Denver
- No. 1, New York region (2013), and Americas finalist (Top 10) — competed in London
- Final Four, New York region (2015)
PRMIA Risk Management Competition
Simulates real-life risk-management challenges via a case-study approach. Sponsored by the Professional Risk Managers International Association, it carries a cash prize of about $10,000.
- No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, and No. 4 teams in New York regional (2014) were from Fordham, out of 24 total entrants.