M.A. in Pastoral Studies
This program is offered online.
Combining a deep understanding of theology with practical ministerial skills, the M.A. in pastoral studies program prepares you to follow a variety of professional paths in ministry. This well-rounded, integrative program provides leadership formation to students from all Christian denominations and includes course offerings from all four of our core academic areas—spirituality, pastoral counseling, pastoral ministry, and religious education.
- Take courses from anywhere in the world with our online option; on-campus classes also are available.
- Teach and learn with our renowned faculty and international students from more than twenty countries.
- Take courses at the member schools of the New York Theological Consortium.
- Meet the requirements for pastoral ministers set out by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and the National Association of Lay Ministers.
- The curriculum requires satisfactory completion of 14 courses (42 semester credits).
- A concluding capstone course is also required.
- You may pursue the program either as a full-time or part-time student.
Pastoral leadership in various contexts, such as:
- Diocesan offices
- Faith-based and nonprofit organizations