Earn Your MSW
If you’re ready to change the world, we’re ready to help.
By earning a Fordham MSW, you'll join an academic community that's as passionate about helping others as you are.
Learn More about the MSW
Our top-ranked MSW program will prepare you to engage effectively across all areas of social work throughout your career.
Choose from Our Three Convenient Campus Locations
- Lincoln Center (midtown Manhattan at West 60th Street)
- Westchester (just off I-287 in West Harrison)
- Long Island (in collaboration with Molloy College)
Online study options are available.
A Practical, Forward-Thinking Program
Fordham’s future-focused curriculum with advanced integrated practice includes a comprehensive foundational phase; an advanced phase, in which you’ll create your own plan of study; and a supervised field placement. You’ll graduate with the tools needed to succeed in every setting.
A Flexible Program, Hands-On Experience
- Find a flexible plan of study or schedule that works for you.
- Part-time plans of study and weekend courses are available.
- Students with a bachelor’s in social work or one year of CSWE-accredited coursework may be eligible for the advanced standing program, which may be completed in as little as one year.
- Gain hands-on experience through supervised field placements that support your work in both the foundational and advanced phases of the program. Fordham offers a wide variety of placements in settings throughout the New York area and across the country.
- You’ll receive personal care at every step of your studies. As the Jesuit University of New York, Fordham is guided by the tenet of cura personalis, or care of the whole person. An individualized, student-centered approach is a defining feature of the Master of Social Work program.
- The average class size is 18 students. You’ll be able to connect with your peers and your instructors face-to-face in a dynamic classroom setting.
- All campuses have library services, study areas, writing centers, beverage and food services, and indoor and outdoor meeting spots to facilitate connecting with your peers.
Our Office of Admissions is available to answer your questions and concerns. Please email us at email@example.com or call 212-636-6600.