West Harrison, New York
Motor Vehicle Regulations Effective September 1, 2011
At the Westchester Campus of Fordham University, as at many University campuses, parking is always a major challenge. In an effort to accommodate its students and personnel, Fordham University operates its own parking facilities and has established traffic procedures. As a member of the Fordham University community, your are requested to become familiar with traffic regulations and to comply with them.
Fordham's Deaprtment of Public Safety staff is responsible for safety and control of campus traffic. Kindly comply with the directives of the guards on duty.
The University is NOT LIABLE for personal injury, damage to vehicles, vandalism, theft of a vehicle or its contents. Lock all valuables out of sight, preferably in the trunk of the car, and lock all car doors.
There is no University Coverage for any of the Aforementioned Hazards.
To use the parking facilities, except as a visitor, a vehicle must be registered and parking fees must be paid. Registration fees are determined on a yearly basis, from September 1 to August 31.
Vehicle registration must be completed via my.fordham.edu. Fordham passes will be available Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays (in September only) from 9:00 a.m. - 12 noon.
When applying for a Westchester Campus Fordham pass, you must complete a "Parking Permit Application" form online. Each person must also present a Current Fordham University identification card along with the receipt of online purchase. Fordham passes will not be issued without identification cards and receipts.
The Department of Public Safety will provide a Fordham Parking Hangtag that is ONLY to be placed on the rearview mirror. If a vehicle does not have a Fordham Hangtag affixed, the vehicle WILL NOT be permitted to make use of the parking facilities. Students/Faculty assigned to our Westchester Campus may park at Rose Hill to use the Walsh Family Library at no additional cost.
Campus Parking can not be guaranteed and Is on a first come - basis.
Classification and Fees
Vehicles Parked in Violation will be Immobilized at Owner's Expense
To recover the vehicle a payment of$30.00 is required
- Maximum speed limit on campus is 15 m.p.h.
- In all parking lots, cars must be parked between stall lines.
- Parking at all times is restricted exclusively to the parking slots.
- No parking is permitted on campus sidewalks
- No motorcycles, mini bikes, bicycles or skateboarding are permitted on campus sidewalks or lawns.
Penalties for Infractions of Rules:
- Any vehicle blocking fire or access lanes will be booted without any warning
- Any vehicle not displaying a proper Westchester Campus Fordham University decal will be presumed to not have authorization to park and will be booted without any warning
- Any vehicle parked in fire zone, restricted area, restricted space, on campus sidewalks or obstructing building entrances/exits will be booted without any warning
NOTE: Speeding or reckless driving will result in action against operator/owner of vehicle and may result in exclusion of vehicle from campus. The Fordham pass is removed from vehicle if it has been excluded from campus. A replacement fee will be charged at the end of the imposed penalty period to obtain another Fordham pass.