College Access with CCEL
Fordham’s Center for Community Engaged Learning stands uniquely positioned to engage Bronx and Manhattan middle schools and high schools in building pathways to postsecondary education. Our undergraduate student ambassadors partner with high schools and middle school student groups to support students to complete high school, facilitate the college application process, enhance soft skills to support an identity as college-bound individuals, and build student success tools to support students in college completion. We offer campus tours, bespoke workshops, and shadow days to our school and nonprofit partners, and every summer we host a five-week long immersive college access program called History Makers. Join us as a college access ambassador!
What skills will a Center for Community Engaged Learning college ambassador gain?
- Workshop building and presentation skills
- Community engagement
- Development of strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Build relationships with other Fordham students
- Build your resume
- Learn collaboration
- Network with community members
- Further your knowledge of the New York City education system.
How do you become a Center for Community Engaged Learning college access ambassador?
- Attend a college access orientation session
- Commit to leading at least two activities per semester