Fordham Summer for High School Students
2021 Information will be available late this fall so check back, or ask us to email you.
The Pre-College Program allows you to enroll in one of several exciting college courses and gain experience at a top-ranked research university in the summer before your senior year.
- Earn college credit. Unlike other programs hosted for high school students on college campuses, courses offered to Fordham Pre-College students are part of the regular summer curriculum. That means you will complete college-level coursework and earn credits while sharing the classroom with current undergraduates and Fordham faculty.
- Make valuable connections with students, professors, and administrators. Spend time on a college campus and make more informed decisions about your future.
- Strengthen your college application with a proven record of your abilities.
About the Pre-College Program
The Pre-College program is a selective commuter program designed to provide high school juniors and seniors with experience, connections and knowledge from their participation in undergraduate college courses. The program provides transferable college credits.
Pre-College courses are specially selected from among Fordham's course offerings for Summer Session II (June 30 - August 4, 2020). Courses cover a wide range of subjects and disciplines, and many can be used to fulfill university core requirements. Most courses meet three times per week. See a complete list of our recommended courses.
You can choose between courses meeting at either Fordham's beautiful Rose Hill campus in the Bronx — which features 85 acres of rolling lawns, tree-shaded walkways and Gothic-style buildings — or attend a course at the Lincoln Center campus, located in the culturally-rich West side of Manhattan. Both locations have unique features and benefits.
Who can apply?
- Rising seniors with a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 (B) or better.
- Mature high school sophomores (entering your junior year) who have an exceptional record of academic performance may apply for special consideration.
- You must be able to travel to one of Fordham's two campuses, Rose Hill or Lincoln Center, at least three times per week. (University housing is not available for this program.)
Application deadline extended to June 18, 2020
Fordham Non-Credit High School Programs
for rising freshmen, sophomores, and juniors
Real Estate Institute Summer High School Scholars Program
The REI is offering a non-credit Summer High School Scholars Program. Enhance your college portfolio and learn how real estate really works at Fordham's Lincoln Center campus in NYC. Learn more about this non-credit summer program.