High School Students
If you are a high school student you may be interested in the High School Scholarship Program. You can apply if you are eligible and have completed your junior year of high school in June. It is a highly competitive program and you should strive to achieve the best grades and performance possible in school. We generally seek students who are academic achievers, active in athletics, and serve in leadership positions. Some requirements include:
- Be a US Citizen
- Be between ages of 17-26
- Have a HS GPA of at least 2.5
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army after college
- View deadlines
- Note: applying for the Army ROTC scholarship and applying for admission to college are two separate and independent processes
You can start the process and learn more about the scholarship at the US Army ROTC College Scholarships for High School site. If you are not selected for a scholarship you can still enroll in Army ROTC as a college freshman.
High School (HS) Scholarship Interview
If you are a HS scholarship applicant and have an "interviewee" status on your application portal, you can request to schedule an interview through the appointment calendar below.
- Interviews are conducted at the Fordham Rose Hill Campus in Bronx, NY.
- You may bring your resume and transcript so you can refer to it as necessary during the interview; do not give it to your interviewer unless he/she requests it.
- Family and applicants will have the chance to meet with a staff member and ask questions about ROTC afterwards.
- You should plan to arrive on time but no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- If you wait until the week of the deadline to schedule an interview we cannot guarantee you will be able to meet the deadline due to the large volume of applicants.
- You should schedule your interview at least 1 week in advance of their preferred interview date. Your interview appointment is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email response.
- Directions and a campus map are available here.
HS Scholarship Winners
- If you are a winner you will be notified by US Army Cadet Command (USACC)
- You will receive instructions through in the mail on how to accept the scholarship or request to transfer to a scholarship at another university.
- Comply with instructions from USACC or Department of Defense Medical Exam Review Board (DODMERB).
- Fordham Army ROTC may send you an enrollment package due in August before you start school.
- Generally no other action is required.