To register for courses at the IALC, there are 3 steps. First, apply for a student visa. Next, complete the IALC language exam. And finally, choose your course schedule.
1. Apply for a Student Visa
** I-20 Application Checklist **
- A completed IALC application form.
- A non-refundable $50.00 application fee payable via our online payment page.
- An original bank statement/letter in English verifying that the required amount of money will be available for student use. See Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE) for the minimum requirements. If room and board (meals) will be provided by a relative or friend, a notarized letter confirming the arrangement should be submitted.
- An Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE) completed and signed by the holder of the bank account. (The holder of the account may be the student or another person, such as a parent or sponsor.)
- A photocopy of your passport identity page.
- Transfer students: If you are a transfer student, please submit a completed Fordham University transfer form and a copy of your current I-20.
Send all I-20 application documents to email@example.com.
2. Take the IALC English Proficiency Exam
Come to the IALC office to take the English Language Proficiency Examination. Your results help us determine which classes you should take. You can take the test on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9:00 AM or 1:00 PM. Please allow 2.5 hours to complete the exam.
3. Register for Classes
You can register the same day you take your exam! Our staff will help you choose courses that fit your English proficiency level and interests.
** Important Deadlines **
- I-20 application deadlines: Completed I-20 applications must be received no later than six weeks prior to the start of the semester or session when you wish to study.
- Late registration ends two weeks after classes begin in the fall and spring semesters.
- Late registration ends one week after classes begin in the summer sessions.
Contact us if you have any questions about the application process!