At 9:55 on the morning of May 20, 2017, the Victory Bell will begin ringing, and at 10 a.m., the graduating students, faculty members, and administrators of all the schools of Fordham University will process onto Edwards Parade to open the annual Commencement ceremony. It will be your graduation day.
- Graduation Ceremonies
- Senior Week Activities
- Graduate Salutes
- Senior Class Gift
- Commencement for the Class of 2017 will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 10:00 am on Edwards Parade. In the event of severe weather, the ceremony for FCRH seniors will take place in the Lombardi Field House.
- Commencement comprises two ceremonies: 1) the general University Commencement, in which all the schools are assembled; 2) the Diploma Ceremony of each individual school.
- Encaenia will take place on the evening of May 18, 2017 at 7:00 pm in the University Gymnasium.
- Encaenia is the awards ceremony for the FCRH graduating seniors that is held on the Thursday evening before graduation. All seniors and their families are invited to attend.
- At this event, the Valedictorian and the "Lord/Lady of the Manor," who presents a lighter view of the Fordham experience, address the assembly.
- Students are honored who have been elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi, and Alpha Sigma Nu. Also announced are members of the Fordham Club and students who have completed the Honors Program. Winners of the various departmental awards for excellence are presented with their awards.
Senior Week Activities
- During the week before graduation, seniors celebrate their imminent graduation with a variety of events including the Senior Ball, the Parent Appreciation Dinner Dance (PADD) and the Baccalaureate Mass.
- At the Graduate Salutes, seniors receive their caps, gowns, and hoods. They also have the opportunity to settle their account with Financial Services and to purchase Senior Week tickets, personalized announcements, rings, and diploma frames.
Senior Class Gift
- As they enter into the ranks of the alumni, it is a tradition that the graduating Senior Class present a gift to the University. Make your gift of support now.