GSS International Students
International students are welcome to apply to the accredited master’s, bachelor’s and doctoral programs at the Fordham Graduate School of Social Service (GSS). Our Office for International Services offers assistance to meet these students’ specific needs, including financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
Additional Requirements for International Students
All students with credentials from universities outside the United States and Canada must have their transcripts evaluated. Credential evaluations will be accepted from any organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
English Language Proficiency Testing
All students applying for admission from a country where English is not the official language are required to take a standardized examination testing their ability to use English. Fordham University's Graduate School of Social Service accepts two providers of proficiency testing:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): The minimum required IELTS test score for admittance to the MSW program is a 7.
- Educational Testing Services, Testing of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The minimum, required TOEFL test score for admittance to the MSW program is 100 for the Internet-based (IBT) test. Fordham University's Institutional Code for the TOEFL is 4894.
Financial Aid for International Students
All international students must fill out an Affidavit of Support form. We also encourage you to check the Office for International Services website for information on other types of assistance you could use.
If you have any questions about applying to the Fordham Graduate School of Social Service regarding the:
- Masters of Social Work program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 212-636-6600.
- PhD program, email G. Lawrence Farmer, PhD at email@example.com, or call us at 212-636-6600.
- Bachelor's program, email David Koch, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call him at 212-696-6656.